Saturday 24 September 2011

Mojo Regained

Seems like a Laura McCabe class is great for kick-starting a somnolent mojo! The classes (I did two) were the 'Stargazer Bracelet' and 'Treasure necklace'. Laura's projects are fairly complex and I only completed two bracelet and one necklace components, but as I opted to choose my own beads and made up the colour scheme as I went along, I was forced to be more creative.


As you can see, the palette I chose for both projects is fairly seasonal, reflecting the Autumn (Fall) colours which are beginning to appear.
I don't have enough delicas to complete the projects (not knowing which colours I would need beforehand) so I shall have to have some bead shopping therapy soon (poor me!)
As to the mojo, well it seems that actually beading is the key. Picking them up and making something suddenly raised a whole bunch of ideas and I have made a freeform pendant from the leftovers on the beadmat, using Laura Zeiner's tutorial and frame method : Stick Lizard Designs


And lastly, I even felt moved to blog... so all in all a better beady week for me!

1 comment: