Sunday 14 October 2012

bag blag blog

I am continuing to make bag progress, it is just a bit slower than I'd like! After a meal out on Friday night with the work colleagues I had a rich food induced, vivid dream of the completed bag, but alas, when I woke the bead elves (if such exist) had not done the work for me (boo!) I am happy with this bit I have done though, and slow and steady is probably better since I'm designing as I go.

Here is a picture of the work on the bag to give you an idea of the placement. What do you think? Too much? Too little? I know there is a large area to fill so I am fighting the urge to cover the whole thing with big blingy elements!



A bit  of a close-up:



Then I thought I'd divert myself with working the beaded ring for the handle/bag junction. I had a look at various beaded bead type designs including Nikia Angel's sparkly wheel, but decided to use this:



It is the Scheherezade Pendant from Sabine Lippert's Beaded Fantasies book, and was surprisingly quick to make: circular RAW in increasing bead sizes zipped into a donut shape then reinforced with netting. I'm pleased with my colours and will probably make another for a necklace if I can buy the metallic finish 4mm again (don't you hate when you get to the bottom of a pack of beads you know you haven't seen on sale anywhere lately?) If anyone has seen any, do let me know where they can be found!


 



6 comments:

  1. It's going to be amazing... it's amazing already!! I love your marquis focal stone, verrrrrrrry drool-worthy!! I can't quite make out the true color of your crystals in the photo - don't trust my monitor - are they metallic green, gold, or bronze? I will check around and see if I can find some!! Hope you have a lovely Sunday and some beading time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy, I hope it continues to look good as I fill in around the stones *Gulp* Oh and the firepolish in the ring are olive metallic (verging on lime) It is a strange colour and I haven't seen any since I got those (and that shop closed :( wouldn't you know it)It is definitely a coating rather than a proper glass colour. It's a good job they are under netting really I have a feeling they may not be very durable in direct contact.

      Delete
  2. Oh my your handbag is going to be stunningly gorgeous when it is finished. I know how you feel though on the filling in part, but the results are going to be worth all the time put into it. I will check around for olive metallic czech beads too.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Hehehheheheh bead fairies...wish there were kitchen/full house cleaning fairies! Lx

    ReplyDelete