Saturday 17 December 2011

Beadalong

You may recall, I joined a 'beadalong' on the Operation: Tackle That Bead Stash blog, to complete the Laura McCabe class project. The bracelet from the first class ('Stargazer') was completed from Laura's kit in Blue/Purple/Silver colour scheme. I also chose my own colours and this version is now also complete. I had to bite the bullet and buy a gold-filled clasp since silver didn't really go with the warmer palette, but I think the end result was worth it. You can find the blog here with a completed 'Treasure Locket' necklace by another beadalong participant, Gloria. This is still on my to-do list.

Here are the finished bracelets, mine has been simplified slightly and has already been worn to the Work Christmas Lunch.


For anyone interested, the bead colours are Miyuki 15s in gilt lined peach alabaster 579 and dyed SL wine 1428, Delicas in green patina iris 24, metallic plum 12 and matte metallic copper 1051, and Swarovski crystals in cyclamen opal (3mm bicone) and Colorado topaz (2mm round). Czech and Japanese Charlottes in gold were also used (these were bought from Laura)

2 comments: